To access the alternate/extra characters of a font, using FontBook on Mac, please follow these steps:
1. Install the .OTF version of the font as normal. (How to install fonts on MacBook)
2. Launch Font Book on your Mac using the Launchpad.
3. Select your font – we chose Andalusia.
4. Find the Glyph you want to use by scrolling down in the list.
5. Copy the Glyph by going to Edit > Copy or pressing Cmd + C.
6. Paste the Glyph into the software of your choice using Edit > Paste or Cmd + V.
7. You can now copy and paste the characters using Font Book on Mac! Have fun!