Trillian started out in just one size. Then I got into a discussion about how it makes font designers sad when people stretch their fonts taller, or squash their fonts shorter, because it makes the horizontal strokes off-balance.
So I said to myself, "Self, why don't you make a couple of additional heights of Trillian? So if people want it a little taller or shorter, they have it already in hand?"
Then I said to myself, "Self, those good folks could also use all three alphabets together! They can mix and match for a fun varying-height design, and everything would go great together because all three sizes share the same line weights!"
Then I stopped talking to myself, because people were starting to stare.
And so, the three heights of Trillian were born! Regular, Taller, and Shorter. Each size is a complete font on its own, but they also work great when they're working together.
For those with OpenType-friendly software (Adobe Creative Suite, CorelDRAW, etc.), you can get to all three base alphabets through Trillian Regular -- just go to the Swash alternates for the shorter height, and the Stylistic Alternates for the taller heights! If you'd prefer working with separate font files, you can do that too -- just install all three files. No matter what software you use, you can access everything directly; no need to go out to Character Map or Font Book!
Each file also includes a full set of over 300 extended Latin characters for language support.
(And yes, the name Trillian is an homage to the late, great Douglas Adams.)
Your Trillian download includes:
- Trillian Regular in OTF, TTF, and WOFF file formats (contains all three alphabets, coded as OpenType alternates)
- Separate Trillian Taller and Trillian Shorter files in OTF, TTF, and WOFF file formats
- Over 300 accented characters in each file for language support
- A handy PDF guide that shows what letters are in which alphabet
- Fully PUA-encoded for easy character map / glyphs panel access